1. What is your name or nickname?
Miranda. My Grandma called me Hammer Head when I was little because I may have been a little stubborn. I may or may not have outgrown that.
2. What are your favorite hobbies, talents, skills outside of CrossFit?
I love running, though I am benched for now because of my ankle injury. I love to knit and process my own fiber from sheep; dirty fleece to combing the wool to spinning it on one of my 3 spinning wheels. I also tell an amazing dad joke.
3. How did you find/get to CrossFit Eclipse?
I found CFE on Facebook.
4. What motto or phrase do you live by?
I can do hard things and pain is temporary.
5. What is your favorite music to listen to while WODing?
Anything that makes my hips shake.
6. What is your favorite WOD?
Well, I haven’t done too many, so a lot of them are firsts for me so any that give me a good sweat.
7. What is your favorite cheat Food(s)?
If I count for them they aren’t really cheat foods but I don’t think I have ever said no to a warm cookie.
8. What is one thing you have done at CFE that you never thought you would do?
I walked on my hands and that is something I haven’t done since I was like 12. I also climbed a rope. Wasn’t pretty, but I have never done that before.
9. What motivates you through your CrossFit journey?
Sometimes I can take life too seriously and I have an anxiety problem. Meeting people is hard for me because I have this horrible overthinking brain and always afraid I’m being judged. I am going to say something wrong do something wrong etc. When I started running it was with a group of strangers and I found my BFF Kim and when we ran our first 5K together I think I said like 2 words to her the entire time. She has helped me so much come out of my shell so much so she probably wants me to be quiet sometimes. But she has also helped me see that nobody cares. We are too busy worried about ourselves to worry about others and if they are worried about you that is their problem. So I show up and try and sometimes fall. But I get up and keep going and now I have Kim there with me in the mornings so it is just a bunch of laughs, but we always seem to work hard and get at least one eye roll from Nate.
10. What results have you seen so far in coming to CFE?
My upper body is getting stronger. As a runner I never really focused on my upper body, but it’s getting there. So are my glutes. Gonna have a juicy peach one day.
11. Do you have any special or successful CrossFit Eclipse memories/moments?
When I climbed the rope I did it once and then didn’t want to do it again. But there was Nate, Gary, and Kim all there supporting and cheering me on after the WOD was over just for me to do it like 4 more times. I was mad and frustrated because I was having a hard time, but none of them let me give up!
12. What sort of life changes have you experienced because of CrossFit that you didn’t expect?
Overall I feel like it is more than just strength and conditioning. I feel confident!
13. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Eclipse?
Just show up. If you show you grow.
14. Current training Goals/PRs?
One day I will do a strict pull up.
15. If you could create a WOD and name it for yourself, what would it be?
The Discoball: Not sure what it would include but give me a flashing light and a beat. I will dance rather poorly, but it will be fun. You should ask Kim or I about crewing for a friend on a 100miler trail run at like 2 AM. I was my one party with a flashlight.
16. Cowboys or Sooners?
Sooners of course. Unless it’s wrestling, then I think Cowboys are Superior.